[U-Boot] bootcount support on arm/kirkwood

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jul 9 09:44:49 CEST 2009

Dear Prafulla Wadaskar,

In message <73173D32E9439E4ABB5151606C3E19E202DD54DFCC at SC-VEXCH1.marvell.com> you wrote:

> > No, he doesn't. He needs a register that is guaranteed to
> > keep it''s values across a processor reset.
>
> With Kirkwood, the only way to implement it is with flash assist

There is not  a  single  register  in  the  whole  CPU  and  all  the
peripherals  it  implements  that  keeps it's value over a reset? I'd
really be surprised if that was indeed true.

Could you please check again? Maybe ask the chip designers?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There are two ways to write error-free programs. Only the  third  one
works.