[U-Boot] ENV_IS_EMBEDDED vs CONFIG_ENV_IS_EMBEDDED

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jul 11 00:17:26 CEST 2009

Dear Mike Frysinger,

In message <200906190548.37976.vapier at gentoo.org> you wrote:

> well, is there a downside from moving from ENV_IS_EMBEDDED to
> CONFIG_ENV_IS_EMBEDDED ?  we could at least make sure it is kept in sync in

Yes. It's IMHO silly to have to configure something manually (and
keep it in sync with potential changes of some other defines) when it
is as well possible to have that same value computed automatically at
build time.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Why can you only have two doors on a chicken coop? If it had four  it
would be a chicken sedan.