[U-Boot] macb: get mac address from environment

Andrzej Wolski awolski at poczta.fm
Sun Jul 12 04:27:36 CEST 2009

> On Saturday 11 July 2009 19:05:40 Andrzej Wolski wrote:
>> This fix macb driver broken by commit
>> 56b555a644f3cbb1b3929cb52b61d3ce483885f5
>
> what exactly broke ?  drivers that are ported to NET_MULTI should *not* be
> getting the mac from the environment.  and from what i can see, the macb
> driver is properly supporting the NET_MULTI setup.
>
> looks to me like the existing code is correct and your new proposed code is
> not

Hmm. Since pointed commit Ethernet just stopped to work, at least on my
board similar to SAM9260EK. Maybe someone else can confirm it?

Moreover, since that patch, when ethaddr is not set in the environment,
and I set it from command line, I get this while trying to ping:

U-Boot> ping 192.168.2.1
macb0: link up, 100Mbps full-duplex (lpa: 0x45e1)
*** ERROR: `ethaddr' not set
macb0: link up, 100Mbps full-duplex (lpa: 0x45e1)
ping failed; host 192.168.2.1 is not alive

Andrzej