[U-Boot] [RFC/PATCH 0/2]

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at netinsight.net
Mon Jul 13 13:10:00 CEST 2009

Hejsan!

I'm going on vacation for one month on wednesday, so I thought I'd post
the OpenRD base patches as they are today. I can fix issues tomorrow as
well, but after that I will be offline.

I've tried to integrate the comments posted on the last series
(thanks!), although for the split-out-phy support and
configure-MAC-for-linux the discussion hasn't really converged yet so I
just picked an implementation :-).

Other dependencies:
-------------------

* Fix UBIFS build on arm: http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-July/055594.html

* Various Kirkwood egiga fixes: http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-July/055724.html
  (except the first which is worked around in the board support)

Changes since last patch series:
--------------------------------

* Copyrights have been fixed up: moved functions retain copyrights,
  attribute originating source where the implementation is based on
  another file.

* Some MPP pins have been corrected

* The configuration has been extended to include UBIFS support (this is
  a prototype board after all so I think it makes sense to have a
  "fat" configuration which can be stripped down)

* I moved mv88e1116.c to drivers/net/phy/ instead. I understand this
  issue is not settled yet (with generic PHY framework missing etc).

* NAND flash partitions have been corrected

* MPP correction patch has been removed (already applied upstream) and
  mach-types.h is also untouched.

* Added Maintainer and MAKEALL

* Board ID has been registered at
  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/machines/ (2325), although it's
  not integrated in Linux yet. This will obviously need to be merged
  before the OpenRD base board support can go in.

// Simon