[U-Boot] Problem with JTAG - mpc8315e

Raphael Amorim raphael.amorim at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 15:13:11 CEST 2009

Hello,

I've started the bring-up process in my board. All power sources are up and
the JTAG interface is OK.  I'm getting the following result, the  JTAG
starts and tries to stop the processor, but it doesn't stop.

I put BDI2000 log below.

- CONFIG: loading configuration file passed
- CONFIG: loading register definition passed
- TARGET: processing user reset request
- BDI asserts HRESET
- Reset JTAG controller passed
- Bypass check: 0x00000001 => 0x00000001
- JTAG exists check passed
- IDCODE is 0x268B401D
- BDI removes HRESET
- PVR is 0x80850020
- SVR is 0x80B40012
- BDI sets breakpoint at 0xFFF00100
- BDI resumes program execution
- COP status is 0x01
- Waiting for target stop failed
- TARGET: Break at boot vector failed, freeze forced
- TARGET: Target PVR is 0x80850020
- TARGET: resetting target passed
- TARGET: processing target startup ....
- COP status is 0x01
*** Core is freezed, no restart possible
# PPC: timeout while waiting for freeze
*** TARGET: processing target startup failed
# PPC: timeout while waiting for freeze
- TARGET: target will be restarted in 10 sec

Thanks in advance,

I've attached the BDI2000 configuration file