[U-Boot] CONFIG_API, EABI and raise()

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jul 16 13:56:49 CEST 2009

Dear Stefan Roese,

In message <200907161046.32385.sr at denx.de> you wrote:

> Just to make it clear: The libgcc removal patches for ARM from Jean-Christophe
> are not added yet. ...

Just to make it clear: The libgcc removal patches for ARM will never
be added - at least not in their current form.

>                ... So if you see a problem with EABI etc, some other patches
> have to be the reason for this. And very likely Jean-Christophe's patches
> could fix the problems.

Instead af waiting for some potetnial fix that mauy or may not
accepted at an unknown (but later) time, we should focus on
identifying the patches that caused the problem, and resolve the
problem there.

It makes no sense to introduce breakage not fix it but blame libgcc
for it and wait for a completely unrelated, bigger change to happen.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Few people do business well who do nothing else.
                                       -- Philip Earl of Chesterfield