[U-Boot] USB storage device read very slow

Dushara Jayasinghe DusharaJ at optiscan.com
Fri Jul 17 02:37:11 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to boot linux from a USB flash stick and I found the read operations to be very slow. Upon further investigation, I found the bottleneck to be caused by a call to wait_ms(5). (See line 663 @ http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-mpc83xx.git;a=blob;f=common/usb_storage.c;hb=792a09eb9d5d8c4f74b7e9f2e887316d511a4e80). I'm not sure why this call is necessary as usb_bulk_msg() checks the device status anyway.

I removed the call to wait_ms, without any adverse effect but could someone explain what this piece of code is trying to achieve?

Thanks in advance,

Dushara

Dushara Jayasinghe
Phone : +61 3 9538-3397 <<http://www.optiscan.com/>>
This email may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please delete it immediately, and inform us of the mistake by return email. Any form of reproduction, or further dissemination of this email is strictly prohibited. Also, please note that opinions expressed in this email are those of the author, and are not necessarily those of Optiscan Pty Ltd.