[U-Boot] USB not working with 4.3.2 gcc compiler in u-boot 1.1.5

Virupax SS Virupax.SS at Lntemsys.com
Fri Jul 17 11:01:00 CEST 2009

Thanks

You are correct if i use u-boot 1.3.0 with this 4.3.2 compiler, usb works
fine.
we have done a lot of customization on u-boot 1.1.5 and it will take a lot
of time to do those changes to the new u-boot 1.3.0.

can u please tell me what compiler related change is done in the new
u-boot releases so it works with the 4.3.2 GCC compiler.In which part of
the code it is done , is it in the makefile.

When we used 4.3.2 gcc to compile the u-boot 1.1.5 , ethernet drivers were
not working and after making some of the variables volatile , ethernet
driver worked fine.

i made
struct  _AT91S_RxTdDescriptor
struct _AT91S_TxTdDescriptor
volatile for the macb driver , ( driver for the inbult macb in
at91sam9260).

For the USB driver also some variable has to be volatile , but i am not
been able to figure out which one it should be.
I have seen using the USB analyser , Data packets are not coming out of
the USB controller correctly.

Thanks

Ben Warren <biggerbadderben at gmail.com>
07/17/2009 09:43 AM

virupax <virupax.ss at lntemsys.com>
cc
u-boot at lists.denx.de
Subject
Re: [U-Boot] USB not working with 4.3.2 gcc compiler in u-boot 1.1.5

virupax wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using  arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi-gcc 4.3.2 compiler to compile the
> u-boot 1.1.5 for the at91sam9260 board. When i use this u-boot image usb
> start command is not detecting the connected usb stick.
> Request Sense returned 00 00 00
> Device NOT ready
>    Request Sense returned 00 00 00
>
> If use some other old compiler to compile this u-boot, usb works fine in
> that image.
>
> Some pls guide me what may be the difference.

Your version of U-boot is about 3 years old.  Nobody will be interested
in debugging it.  Please update to the latest and see if the problem
exists.

regards,
Ben