[U-Boot] Using Uboot to communicate a PCI device.

Darshan Vasisht darshan.vasisht at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 18:13:29 CEST 2009

Dear sir,
   I am using U-boot as a Boot loader for booting Cavium Octeon Processor.
My current requirement is to implement Octeon as the PCI bus arbiter i.e.
Octeon as a PCI host.
Octeon will be responsible for bringing up other processor like Wintegra
Winpath Network processor i.e in turn boot the Winpath NP.
Octeon will be connected to Winpath over a 32-bit PCI bus.
*How can i develop an Uboot application which communicates through Octeon
over the PCI bus to Wintegra device such that it transfers data to Winpath
device memory address?*
*What are the prerequisites i need to write a U-Boot Application to
communicate over a PCI bus to talk to a PCI device?*
According to my understanding, i need a Winpath Device Driver that needs to
be at U-Boot location to communicate to the device over a PCI bus which i
need to add to the /Drivers folder path in U-boot Code.
Assuming that i have the Driver code for Winpath Device.. how should i
proceed further to initiate communication over a PCI bus?
I am new to PCI and U-boot, Please guide me through the procedure.
If you have any example wherein U-boot is used to talk to a *PCI
device*i.e. do a read/write to device's memory location, then please
share that
example with me.
If you have any Internet link which explains similar example then please do
share with me.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Darshan