[U-Boot] arm, i2c: added support for the TWSI I2C Interface

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jul 18 14:42:12 CEST 2009

Dear Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD,

In message <20090718105538.GC27443 at game.jcrosoft.org> you wrote:

> > +static unsigned int i2c_bus_num __attribute__ ((section (".data"))) = 0;
> > +#if defined(CONFIG_I2C_MUX)
> > +static unsigned int i2c_bus_num_mux __attribute__ ((section ("data"))) = 0;
> 								.data
> > +#endif
> no need of put it in section .data on arm

What makes you think so? I disagree. You don't have initialized BSS in
the early stages, so you are in the same situation as other
architectures.

And even if it was really not necessary, it doesn't hurt either.

Heiko, please do NOT change this.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful  organ  in  my
body. Then I realized who was telling me this."        - Emo Phillips