[U-Boot] U-Boot environment update in linux embedded ARM architecture

Alessandro Rubini rubini-list at gnudd.com
Mon Jul 20 14:21:06 CEST 2009

> 0x20000 *U-Boot (2009.06)*
> 0x60000 *U-Boot Env.*

So two blocks. for u-boot, which is bigger than one block.

> the u-boot environment part of the u-boot code is overwritten with the
> environment parameters. This happens only when our NAND flash has bad
> blocks in the u-boot zone. (Block 1 and 2),

In this case u-boot is stored in two blocks, but skipping the bad
block.  Your env area will contain the trailing part of u-boot binary.
I'm sure your consultant already told you.

> /Questo messaggio ed i suoi allegati viene spedito solo alle persone
> indicate come destinatarie. Esso contiene informazioni confidenziali

Please avoid this meaningless stuff when posting to public lists (even
in private mail it sounds insulting, but that's just personal taste).

/alessandro