[U-Boot] Problem booting Linux from Flash

Rahanesh rahanesh at tataelxsi.co.in
Wed Jul 22 10:11:39 CEST 2009

Hi Wolfgang Denk,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Actually problem started when i added few utilities in flash. I ll
explain the scenario.

I had a working jffs image with bin , boot, scripts as directories in
it. uImage(Linux kernel image ) was contained  in boot folder.

For my application i had to add few new networking utilitiess like
iptables, brctl, racoon etc..
Hence i added these utilities in bin directory and created a new jffs image.

This jffs image was flashed to board. This image gave the CRC error when
uboot tried to boot.

Now instead of adding the utilities to bin i added all the utilities to
a new created Utility Directory. This time It worked fine. The jffs
image was flashed and uboot successfully loaded  uImage and booting was
perfect.

What might be the reason behind this? can u please throw some light on this?

Thanks
Rahanesh