[U-Boot] http client?

jeffery palmer jefferypalmer at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 22 16:04:43 CEST 2009

We are looking for an http client now as well. Our major issue revolves around the download times for tftp.

Can Volkmar Uhlig kindly provide the patches?

Our units automically update themselves inside of uboot giving us the most control over our firmware. The issue is that it takes 20 minutes via a DSL line in Africa to update our units. An http test showed that the same firmware downloads in 30 seconds. We have also added things like the blksize parameter to the uboot tftp client to get it down to 20 minutes, our original download times were ~50 minutes.

We would like to work to integrate or add the necessary http client functions to achieve this. If there are no patches obtainable, is anyone interested in working on this with us?

Jeffery Palmer

Project Development

954.709.7232

  _____