[U-Boot] http client?

Alessandro Rubini rubini-list at gnudd.com
Wed Jul 22 17:23:25 CEST 2009

> Hm... but 20 minutes versus 30 seconds cannot be explained by TFTP
> versus HTTP alone. There must be other effects impacting your network
> traffic. Did you run any deeper analysis?

I'm sure it depends on network delays. TCP has the sliding window
mechanism, so several packets can be in flight before you get a single
ack.  TFTP requires one ack for each data packet, doesn't it?

If you have high delays, TCP is usually a win, even with relatively
low bandwidth. Otherwise, we need a an UDP protocol that doesn't
require individual ack.

/alessandro