[U-Boot] http client?

Robin Getz rgetz at blackfin.uclinux.org
Wed Jul 22 23:34:57 CEST 2009

On Wed 22 Jul 2009 16:53, Ben Warren pondered:
> Robin Getz wrote:
> > I see:
> >
> > #define TFTP_MTU_BLOCKSIZE 1468blksize
> > static unsigned short TftpBlkSizeOption=TFTP_MTU_BLOCKSIZE;
> >
> >                 /* try for more effic. blk size */
> >                 pkt += sprintf((char *)pkt,"blksize%c%d%c",
> >                                 0,TftpBlkSizeOption,0);
> >
> > but that is it...
> >
> > No CONFIG_ options for anything else?
> >

> Right, it's hard-coded to 1468 (maximum TFTP frame that will fit in a
> 1500-byte Ethernet frame, due to UDP overhead).  By default, TFTP
> requests a blocksize that will fill the frame.  If not, it uses the
> default TFTP block size (512, I think).
>
> Is this not good enough?

When I looked at the RFC data

blocksize   no gateway   with gateway
  512            23.85      37.05
 1024            16.15      25.65
 1432            13.70      23.10
 2048            10.90      16.90
 4096             6.85       9.65
 8192             4.90       6.15

it appears that the overhead of IP fragmentation and reassembly (which does
add overhead as the number of gateways increases) may be worth the time...

-Robin