[U-Boot] ARM Pull Request

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jul 23 22:42:35 CEST 2009

Dear Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD,

In message <20090723202252.GA9480 at game.jcrosoft.org> you wrote:

> > Sorry if I have to ask, but I mostly lost track of the discussion. It
> > seems you reject these patches just because you dislike the naming of
> > some file-local data structures and variables?
> not because I do not like it because there are not safe and must be omap3
> specific and not generic for soc specific struct

We don't make any such restrictions in other, similar  header  files.
Adding  (artifical)  prefixes like omap3_ as you requested just makes
it more likely thatthe some declarations and code  will  be  repeated
elsewhere, just with a different name.

If you have a specific example, where you see existing or even likely
name conflicts, then please show it.  Otherwise  I  suggest  we  just
leave the code as is.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by  at  least
one  instruction  --  from  which,  by induction, one can deduce that
every program can be reduced to one instruction which doesn't work.