[U-Boot] kirkwood openRD-base / PCI support

Dieter Kiermaier dk-arm-linux at gmx.de
Fri Jul 24 08:09:28 CEST 2009

Am Freitag 24 Juli 2009 05:59:41 schrieb Prafulla Wadaskar:

> [...]
Mmh, so I fear I have to wait a while. I've enabled CONFIG_KIRKWOOD_PCIE_INIT allready. And also written an empty
#ifdef CONFIG_KIRKWOOD_PCIE_INIT
void pci_init_board()
{
	printf("kirkwood: pci_init_board() called\n");
}
#endif /* CONFIG_KIRKWOOD_PCIE_IN */
#endif
in cpu.c
The function is called on bootup - nice.
But if I try pci 0 on the u-boot prompt it gives me
Marvell>> pci
Scanning PCI devices on bus 0
BusDevFun  VendorId   DeviceId   Device Class       Sub-Class
pci_bus_to_hose() failed
pci_bus_to_hose() failed
pci_bus_to_hose() failed
pci_bus_to_hose() failed
pci_bus_to_hose() failed
pci_bus_to_hose() failed
What is not really suprisingly.
but then I was a bit confused what else is needed ;-)

It looks like I have to learn about some basic PCI frameworks inside u-boot first.

Also there are a few other tasks on my desk which have to be done first so I stopped working on it for the moment.
But nevertheless, if there are any news regarding PCIe it would be nice if you could keep me up to date!

Dieter