[U-Boot] http client?

Alessandro Rubini rubini-list at gnudd.com
Fri Jul 24 10:11:38 CEST 2009

Me:
>> Just tried it: U-Boot doesn't support reassembly, it seems.

Robin Getz:
> I don't think anyone said it did.

I'm sorry, I misread that in your message.

Me:
>> I don't think it's worth adding.

Robin:
> This is based on ... ?

laziness, mainly. And personal preference over simpler code where possible.

But you are right, no real reason. So I've done it trivially (see
patch posted today).  On my LAN it doesn't make any noticeable
difference: only I have more lost packets if I increase the block size
too much, so it gets worse.

I would like to know if it helps Jeffery Palmer.

BTW: you (Jeffery) told you tried a blocksize of 16k, but how could
it work if u-boot refuses fragments? Did you add defragmenting
to the code first?

/alessandro