[U-Boot] http client?

Robin Getz rgetz at blackfin.uclinux.org
Fri Jul 24 15:40:10 CEST 2009

On Fri 24 Jul 2009 04:11, Alessandro Rubini pondered:
> BTW: you (Jeffery) told you tried a blocksize of 16k, but how could
> it work if u-boot refuses fragments? Did you add defragmenting
> to the code first?

I believe it depends on if it your host has gig support (for jumbo frames)
Most Gig hosts/routers/gateways nowadays do...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumbo_frame

However - it looks like it might be a bug in the Linux networking stack (I'll
ask on netdev) that if the Gig card is connected as 100, it should not be
sending jumbo frames (from what I understand -- it is a spec violation).

I tried on my subnet - and was able to transfer 4k packets without issue
(which is as big as I tested). (dumb repeater/hub between U-Boot & the tftp
server). However - my MAC running on U-Boot is 10/100 and does not support
jumbo frames, and tosses the frame as a "Frame too long", and is truncated to
1556 (0x614) bytes in all cases, so if the host is not fragmenting things
properly - I can't test it... :(