[U-Boot] u-boot yaffs2 usage question

E Robertson e.robertson.svg at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 17:25:49 CEST 2009

Hi All,
First, I've never used this filesystem before so excuse my ignorance.
I've added support in uboot but it seems to be failing at mount. The default
mount point according to the source is /flash. Does that mean that I have to
have a /flash directory in my filesystem? if I try other mount (namely "/") it
doesn't seem to like that either. I've got jffs2 to work file with the same
arrangement.
I've created a yffs2 filesystem on a nand device (nand0 ) using mtd where the
first 80M I made yafs2. I also created several directories including /flash but
it did not mount that either.
Some errors are below: I've added a few extra printfs to see where I'm going.

yls
yaffs_StartUp
Version 2:
> 2.6.17
NAME: <NULL> (NAND 256MiB 3,3V 8-bit), Yffs2? 1 , blocks 2048
yaffs_initialise
yaffs: Mounting /flash
yaffsfs_FindDevice
yaffs: Could not allocate Tnodes
Error mounting /flash, return value: -12
yaffsfs_FindDevice
opendir failed

ymount /
yaffs_StartUp
Version 2:
> 2.6.17
NAME: <NULL>, Yffs2? 1 , blocks 2048
yaffs_initialise
yaffs: Mounting /
yaffsfs_FindDevice
Error mounting /, return value: -19

mtdparts

---mtdparts_init---
last_ids  : nand0=nand0
env_ids   : nand0=nand0
last_parts: mtdparts=nand0:81920k at 0(NK),-(DATA)
env_parts : mtdparts=nand0:81920k at 0(NK),-(DATA)

last_partition : nand0,0
env_partition  : nand0,0

---list_partitions---

device nand0 <nand0>, # parts = 2
 #: name                        size            offset          mask_flags
 0: NK                  0x05000000      0x00000000      0
 1: DATA                0x0b000000      0x05000000      0

--- mtd_part_info: partition number 0 for device nand0 (nand0)

active partition: nand0,0 - (NK) 0x05000000 @ 0x00000000

defaults:
mtdids  : nand0=nand0
mtdparts: mtdparts=nand0:81920k at 0(NK),-(DATA)