[U-Boot] ARM compiliation failing due to missing __lshrdi3 / EABI version conflict

J.C. Wren jcwren at jcwren.com
Sun Jul 26 23:49:50 CEST 2009

I've pulled the most recent git version of u-boot, intending to compile it
for ARM.  Setting the target for davinci_dvevm and compiling caused the
linker to throw an error regarding EABI conflicts.  I removed libgcc from
the Makefile, and it appears that drivers/mtd/nand_base.c,
drivers/mtd_nand_oob.c and drivers/mtd/nand_bbt.c are looking for __lshrdi3.

I found the thread originated by Jean-Christophe Plagniol-Villard (
http://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot@lists.denx.de/msg15910.html) regarding
some architectures having a libgcc dependency, and whether that should be
removed globally or on a per-build basis.

I attempted to apply his patch, but the git repository seems to have seen
enough changes where it won't sync, and also I don't have an
arm_config.mkfile.  Perhaps this was a copy of
config.mk, but I still can't get it to sync on the patches.

What my resolution path for this problem?

Thanks,
--jc