[U-Boot] API code - licensing

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jul 27 09:35:53 CEST 2009

Dear Rafal,

I somehow had developed the impression thatthe API code was  intended
to  be some "next generation" implementation for standalone programs,
with  one  of  the  primary  purposes  being  the  implementation  of
(potentially closed source) bootstrap loader code for FreeBSD.

But now I realize that the API code is actually linking against parts
of the U-Boot code, so any code based on  the  U-Bott  API  must  in-
herently be GPLed.

Please confirrm that this understanding is correct.  Thanks in
advance.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it.
                                                        - Oscar Wilde