[U-Boot] MPC8541 with fixed DDR SDRAM

Alemao xcarandiru at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 20:56:04 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I have a board, similar to the MPC8541CDS, but with fixed DDR SDRAM,
instead of DIMM slots. So I have to configure it without the help of
SPD_EEPROM.

I saw some code on MPC8540ADS board, like fixed_sdram() in
board/freescale/mpc8540ads/mpc8540ads.c and defines in
include/configs/MPC8540ADS.h:

#define CONFIG_SYS_SDRAM_SIZE
#define CONFIG_SYS_DDR_CS0_BNDS
#define CONFIG_SYS_DDR_CS0_CONFIG
#define CONFIG_SYS_DDR_TIMING_1
#define CONFIG_SYS_DDR_TIMING_2
#define CONFIG_SYS_DDR_CONTROL
#define CONFIG_SYS_DDR_MODE
#define CONFIG_SYS_DDR_INTERVAL

But my problem is the define "#define CONFIG_FSL_DDR1". It compiles
some code in cpu/mpc8xxx/ddr/. Is this code really necessary for my
board??? Cause it has some spd_eeprom() functions, that in my board
doesn't exist.

The board/freescale/mpc8541myboard/ddr.c seems unnecessary too, right?
I copied it from MPC8541CDS.

Im using U-Boot-2009-03.

Cheers,

--