[U-Boot] [RFC 2/3] uboot-doc: Add example support for uboot-doc

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 28 23:37:18 CEST 2009

Dear John,

in message <1248813749.3915.104.camel at johns> you wrote:

> It's true, I was a little lax on commenting the I2C commands. If I were
> to move forward with this documentation tool, I would comment these
> commands more thoroughly like I did with the Memory commands.

Hm... of course I'm biased. Everybody thinks his own solution is the
best of all. On the other hand, the DUTS/DULG setup has been under
continuous development for more than 6 years (8 years if you nclude
the old DocBook based approach). We have used it both for quality
assurance and for documentation purposes with a number of customers.
On our web server you can find board-specific versions for close to 40
different boards (OK, some of these are not maintained any more
[because the respective board vendors don't care]), so you can be
pretty sure that a lot of experience went into this to make this easy
and efficient to handle and to make sure it scales well.

Maybe you find the time to try to get DUTS running for one of your
boards; for the beginning, a manually controlled setup would be
sufficient - running in fully automatic mode like we do in our virtual
lab not needed for such a first test. If you send us a tarball with
the generated log files, we can put these on our web server, so you
can test yourself with minimal effort what such a version of the
documentation looks like.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Forty two.