[U-Boot] NAND booting of MPC8313 based Custom board

Rupesh Kumar Rupesh.Kumar at Lntemsys.com
Wed Jul 29 18:35:45 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I am using u-boot version 1.3.0 included in freescale LTIB released for
MPC8313ERDB custom board.
I tried NAND booting of MPC8313ERDB board using this u-boot and it worked
fine.

Using similar procedure i tried NAND boot on my custom board but it dint
work :(

My board has large page NAND where as MPC8313ERDB has small page NAND. I
have modified all the parameters required for Large page NAND.
It prints initail debug message as shown below and then while copying
u-boot code from NAND to DDR it detects NAND blocks as bad block and
continuously prints 'B' on Console.

NAND SPL - U-Boot 1.3.0 (Jul 30 2009 - 06:33:05) MPC83XX
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Can any one please tell what could be going wrong? Am i missing something
in large page NAND initialization?

thanks
Rupesh