[U-Boot] DUTS: missing pieces for a beginner

Niklaus Giger niklaus.giger at member.fsf.org
Thu Jul 30 08:32:14 CEST 2009

Hi

I would like to do some more extensive tests with the U-boot and took a look
at http://www.denx.de/wiki/DUTS/DUTSDocs

I think that the wiki is somehow out of date as examples as the following
a) ./duts b should be rewritten to /duts -showconfig ?
Is this true?

b) ./duts  -showconfig v38b gives on my system the following output:
>Skipping testcase UBootDateHelp because of unfulfilled requirement 'rtc'
>Skipping testcase UBootDate because of unfulfilled requirement 'rtc'
>Skipping testcase UBootSleepRTC because of unfulfilled requirement 'rtc'
>Skipping testcase UBootCmdDttHelp because of unfulfilled requirement 'dtt'
>Skipping testcase UBootCmdDtt because of unfulfilled requirement 'dtt'
>Skipping testcase UBootI2cHelp because of unfulfilled requirement 'i2c'
>Skipping testcase UBootIdeHelp because of unfulfilled requirement 'ide'
>Skipping testcase UBootDiskbootHelp because of unfulfilled requirement 'ide'
>Skipping testcase UBootNandHelp because of unfulfilled requirement 'nand'
>Skipping testcase UBootNandInfo because of unfulfilled requirement 'nand'
>Skipping testcase UBootNandBad because of unfulfilled requirement 'nand'
>Skipping testcase UBootNandErase because of unfulfilled requirement 'nand'
>Skipping testcase UBootNandWrite because of unfulfilled requirement 'nand'
>Skipping testcase UBootNandRead because of unfulfilled requirement 'nand'
>Details for configuration view '_default'
>Kernel context 'linux'
>
>                prompt "# "
>                alt_prompt "~> "
>                image "/tftpboot/$BOARD/uImage-duts"
>                descr "config/VL_linux_context.tcl"
>
>Firmware context 'u-boot'
>
>                prompt "=> "
>                image "/tftpboot/$BOARD/u-boot.bin-duts"
>                descr "config/VL_uboot_context.tcl"
>
>Host context 'host'
>
>                prompt "]$ "
>                descr "config/VL_host_context.tcl"
>                shell "bash"

c) "./duts lt" should be rewritten as "./duts -tc ? v38b"
d) "./duts -d testsystems/ltp/ lt" shoud be rewritten to
"./duts -td testsystems/ltp -tc ? v38b"

I would volunteer to update the wiki if somebody can confirm that my
observations are correct.

Even looking for an hour or so at the sources. I am unable to find an answer
which files I should modify to run tests for my sequoia board.

My setup ist that
$ /user/local/bin power 1 on
powers up the 5V input of my sequoia board and under /dev/ttyUSB3 I see the U-
Boot output after power on.

I would like to start with a  simple testcase and tried running
>This gives me the following output
>
>Testcases directory: ./testsystems/dulg
>Selected config: _default
>List of selected test cases:
>UBootBaseHelp
>

>#####################################
># running test case: UBootBaseHelp
>
>ERROR: couldn't spawn 'connect'?!

I would appreciate any hints. As the section "I"ntroducing suppport for a new
VL " is just a little be too small for me. E.g. how can I add a new VL. Is
there an example I just can copy and adjust it? Where do I specify the tty
device for the sequoia?

Best regards
--
Niklaus Giger