[U-Boot] DUTS: missing pieces for a beginner

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Thu Jul 30 18:42:49 CEST 2009

Hi Niklaus,

> Thanks for your quick answer and I got a few steps further.

Excellent.

> First I created my own version of "connect" (see attached Ruby script).
>
> Now at least I can connect and it seems to work.

Right - if you only reimplement the methods that we use locally then you
should not need to touch anything basically.  This boils down to
providing a "remote_power" and "connect" utility.

> I think that my config files don't get loaded (seen with -v and verify by
> putting "p_err "was in ngiger_uboot_context.tcl" into my files.
> Here is my snippet:

[...]

> And I am not good at hacking using TCL. I do most of my scripting in Ruby as
> it is one of the few languages I have a chance to read my old code and still
> understand it.

;)

> Is this a easy fix for you?

It seems like this is a good opportunity to work on this end of duts.
Looking at the code it was pretty clear that it could not work as
expected, so I started somewhat cleaning up around here and freshened my
memory on how this is supposed to work at all.  So do a "git remote
update" on your git tree and pull in the latest changes...

In spite of what I wrote earlier - the whole 'configuration' stuff
pivots on config/configs.tcl.  In here we have configuration
descriptions.  The _default must be first and initializes all "slots"
which can be overriden in subsequent duts_configs.

So If you want to only swap in your operatios, do something in there
like:

duts_config {
            cfg_device_ops "config/my_ops.tcl"
}

and provide the config/my_ops.tcl.

Sorry my previous answer were based on incorrect memories.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Indeed, the author firmly believes that the best serious work is also
good fun.   We needn't apologize if we enjoy doing research.