[U-Boot] debug u-boot with axd debuger

patrick_ye at ulinkcom.com patrick_ye at ulinkcom.com
Fri Jul 31 05:06:24 CEST 2009

Dear Sir or Madam::

I have some questinos and need your help.

I’m porting S3C4510B and using ADS1.2 (AXD debugger with Multi-ICE) to
debug u-boot elf file.  I use windows XP platform and compile with Linux
platform.  The u-boot version is 1.1.6 and cross compilation version 3.3.2
for ARM.

After compiling successfully(with gcc) with big-endian, I use AXD debugger
to debug this file (elf file), when running this file(u-boot), after calling
a sub function "enable_interrupts()" in function "start_armboot()" in file
board.c of folder lib_arm, cpu runs fly.  I don't know what happens.  Would
you please give me some advice, thank you.

By the way, I found s3c4510b_uart.h file just define bit field micro
defintion with little-endian, eg:struct BF_UART_STAT.  I found this mismatch
after debugging in assambly code mode.

By the way, when I compile(with gcc) with little-endian, I also use AXD
debugger, but the Debug Log window shows the warning message like this:

DBT Warning 00056: Debug table format error at offset 0xee in area
.debug_info I don't know how to recover it.

Best Regards

Patrick Ye