[U-Boot] U-boot hangs in mtest in MPC8280 Board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jul 31 09:45:07 CEST 2009

Dear "GurumurthyGowdar",

In message <1248964666.S.4202.18697.f4mail-235-213.rediffmail.com.old.1249024209.63308 at webmail.rediffmail.com> you wrote:
> --===============0249435520==
>
> --=_735971d1aa93205218ff6547f173efbb

Please stop this crap. Please post plain text _only_.

> i have configured according to MPC8280 Reference Manual. it is correct values , i have checked HRCW and MOC_CK configuration.
>
> but when U-boot boots the values does not matching i am also surprised about this. you are saying according to MPC8260.
>
> have anyon eported U-boot to MPC8280,let me know what configuration you have set?

We have ported U-Boot to many MPC82xx systems and never observers any
such problems.

But of course it is ompossible to give you any recommendations as we
don't know your hardware design, and we don't know the modifications
to U-Boot you made to port it to your hardware.

Judging from waht we see here this is either a serious hardware issue,
or missing and/or incorrect initialization in U-Boot, and eventually
both in combination.

Re-read the U-Boot Porting Guide in the README and check if maybe time
has come to call out to the no_more_time() resort.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Hi there! This is just a note from me, to you, to tell you, the  per-
son  reading this note, that I can't think up any more famous quotes,
jokes, nor bizarre stories, so you may as well go home.