[U-Boot] 30-Second TFTP Timeout at Start-Up

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 1 00:28:26 CEST 2010

Dear Jason Hanna,

In message <j2u8f9e78f01003311309g55c49db8kaa9a466002c8d75c at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I'm seeing a strange TFTP issue and hoping someone on the list can help.
>
> I'm running a Sequoia reference board and at start-up my TFTP transfer
> always times out for 30 seconds, then proceeds without error or
> further issue.
>
> I ran Wireshark on my TFTP server, and also performed a port mirror of
> the Sequoia board. I can confirm TFTP requests are only initiated 30
> seconds after tftpboot is run.

And what did you see before that? For example, when was the ARP
request sent, and how many of them? When were replies sent?

Do you have any information when the link on tyour switch was
established?

Is there any chance that you have duplicated MAC and/or IP addresses
on your network?

Are you using STP etc. on your switches?

Can you read out the error statistics for the respective ports on
your switch?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
GUIs  are  virtually  useless.  Learn  tools.  They're  configurable,
scriptable, automatable, cron-able, interoperable, etc. We don't need
no brain-dead winslurping monolithic claptrap.
                               -- Tom Christiansen in 371140df at csnews