[U-Boot] Patch submission process

Vipin KUMAR vipin.kumar at st.com
Thu Apr 1 10:54:21 CEST 2010

Dear Wolfgang, Tom

Although I have managed to submit my patches in the u-boot mainline in
the recent past, I am still a newbie to u-boot community.
I have a few doubts regarding the patch submission
process followed in u-boot.

I hope the answers would be beneficial not just for me but for everyone
I read the whole process on the website but what I understood from there
and what is really followed seems to be different.

After reading about the patch submission process, I felt that patches
can only be sent when the merging window is open but patches are being
continuously sent and reviewed.

Is it correct to assume that a patch can be sent at any time and will
only be applied to the mainline code during the merging window

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Vipin