[U-Boot] Problems compiling u-boot under Cygwin

Ben Warren biggerbadderben at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 22:05:42 CEST 2010

Hi Brad,

On 4/7/2010 12:49 PM, Brad M. wrote:
> Hi.  I'm a first time u-boot builder, and first time poster.  I'm looking for some help building u-boot for the Atmel at91sam9260ek dev board.
>
> Background: building u-boot (v2010.03) on WindowsXP with Cygwin.  PATH and CROSS_COMPILE env vars set appropriately.  Cygwin base package installed, plus 'make' and 'gcc'.  I've tried three different tool chains: CodeSourcery Lite, GNUARM, and YAGARTO, each giving me different errors.  I have also tried several flavors of make, those too influence the build.  I'm not sure which is giving me the best performance.

You've entered a particularly annoying level of hell.  If you really
want to get moving quickly, you'd be much better off installing Linux in
a VM and bypass this whole Cygwin mess.  I use Ubuntu in Vbox OSE every
day and it's fantastic.  U-boot is a fast build, so you don't need to
worry about performance.

regards,
Ben