[U-Boot] Does U-boot supports Spansion S29GL512P NOR Flash?

prakash bedge prakash.bedge at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 09:22:21 CEST 2010

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for details. But I didn't get it clearly.

Does it mean I have to CFI_MTD ot common CFI_DRIVER will works?

Which c source file I need to check the support for this chip?

I am using below settings.
*-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 * FLASH related
 *----------------------------------------------------------------------*/
#define CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_CFI
#define CONFIG_FLASH_CFI_DRIVER
#define CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_EMPTY_INFO  /* print 'E' for empty sector on flinfo
*/

#define CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_BANKS_LIST    {CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_BASE}
#define CONFIG_SYS_MAX_FLASH_BANKS     1      /* number of banks     */
#define CONFIG_SYS_MAX_FLASH_SECT 512      /* sectors per device   */
#define CONFIG_FLASH_SHOW_PROGRESS  1

#define CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_ERASE_TOUT 220000 /* Timeout for Flash Erase (in
ms) */
#define CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_WRITE_TOUT 100 /* Timeout for Flash Write (in
ms) */

#define CONFIG_ENV_SECT_SIZE 0x20000 /* size of one complete sector */
#define CONFIG_ENV_ADDR  (CONFIG_SYS_MONITOR_BASE-CONFIG_ENV_SECT_SIZE)
#define CONFIG_ENV_SIZE  0x4000 /* Total Size of Environment Sector */

Thanks & Regards,
Prakash Bedge