[U-Boot] Does U-boot supports Spansion S29GL512P NOR Flash?

prakash bedge prakash.bedge at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 10:05:02 CEST 2010

Hi Stefan,

>> Does it mean I have to CFI_MTD ot common CFI_DRIVER will works?
I was asking that do I also need to add below settings in my board config
file.

/*
 * Dynamic MTD partition support
 */
#define CONFIG_CMD_MTDPARTS
#define CONFIG_MTD_DEVICE  /* needed for mtdparts commands */
#define CONFIG_FLASH_CFI_MTD
#define MTDIDS_DEFAULT  "nor0=fc000000.flash"
>And you need to configure your access timing for the chip select to the NOR
Chip correctly of course.
In which source file I can see present access timings for the chip select.
In which file I need to do these changes?

I tried with the below setting but I am getting the same error as flash not
found. So I am little bit concerned.
Please tell which boards supports the S29GL512P NOR flash, so that I can
check for reference.

Regards,
Prakash