[U-Boot] Does U-boot supports Spansion S29GL512P NOR Flash?

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon Apr 12 09:59:46 CEST 2010

On Monday 12 April 2010 06:18:12 prakash bedge wrote:
> >> Right. Most likely you just need to tune the chip select timing
> >> registers
>
> And of course the size of the CS.
> What mean by size of CS? Which file I should check for timing register for
> S29GL512P?

IIRC, then you have a custom PPC440 SoC. I have no idea which external bus
controller (EBC) is used on your SoC. Is it the one also used on the
AppliedMicro (AMCC) PPC4xx? Then you need to change the CONFIG_SYS_EBC_PBxCR /
CONFIG_SYS_EBC_PBxAP defines. Take a look at the users manual for details. If
you have a different EBC then I can't really help you here. Your SoC
documentation should have all details you need.

> >> BTW: You might also need to configure a bigger TLB entry for the FLASH
>
> now that you use a bigger FLASH chip.
> Does uboot support one single TLB entry for 64MB size. At pesent I have
> configured 4 TLB entries, each 16MB.

Looking into the PPC440 users manual makes it clear. 64MByte as TLB size is
not available. You need to define 4 16MB entries for this.

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de