[U-Boot] u-boot compilation for MIPS Au1x00 board

Gurumurthy Gowdar Gurumurthy.Gowdar at gmobis.com
Tue Apr 13 07:40:44 CEST 2010

Hi all,

           I am compiling u-boot latest version for MIPS processor Au1350.
When I compile I get the following error as mentioned below.

mipsel-linux-ld:
/opt/rmi-linux/db1300/lib/gcc/mipsel-linux/4.2.4/libgcc.a(_lshrdi3.o):
compiled for a little endian system and target is big endian

mipsel-linux-ld:
/opt/rmi-linux/db1300/lib/gcc/mipsel-linux/4.2.4/libgcc.a(_lshrdi3.o):
endianness incompatible with that of the selected emulation

mipsel-linux-ld: failed to merge target specific data of file
/opt/rmi-linux/db1300/lib/gcc/mipsel-linux/4.2.4/libgcc.a(_lshrdi3.o)

I am not using ELDK tool chain, we have customized tool chain.

My environment settings are

ARCH=mips

CROSS_COMPILE=mipsel-linux-

Am compiling for dbau1100 board.

But when I use u-boot 1.1.6 version am able to compile the u-boot and
creating u-boot.bin image file.

So please let me know what am missing.

is there any issue with the big endian or little endian? Or I need to
configure any settings in the dbau1x00.h configuration file?

Thanks & Regards

Gurumurthy Gowdar

KPIT Cummins Infosystems Ltd. | Mobile: +91 9642645725 I E-mail :
gurumurthy.gowdar at kpitcummins.com I www.kpitcummins.com

Client Site - Hyundai MOBIS India Research And Development Pvt. Ltd. |1st
Floor , Survey No 5/2 & 5/3,

Backside of NAC, Izzatnagar|(OPP. HitechCity MMTS Railway Station),
Lingampally Mandal, Hyderabad - 500081.INDIA

E-mail: Gurumurthy.Gowdar at gmobis.com

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and
is the property of the KPIT Cummins Infosystems Ltd. It is intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are not authorized to read, print, retain copy, disseminate, distribute,
or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this
message. KPIT Cummins Infosystems Ltd. does not accept any liability for
virus infected mails.

P Please don't print this email unless absolutely necessary. Save Trees !