[U-Boot] [STATUS] Heads-up: Reorganize directory structure

Remy Bohmer linux at bohmer.net
Tue Apr 13 22:32:32 CEST 2010

Hi,

2010/4/13 Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de>:
> Dear Ben Warren,
>
> In message <4BC4AA08.1060608 at gmail.com> you wrote:
>>
>> > I do not know if there is a preferred or best way to do it, but in my
>> > case a simple git-rebase with the main branch did the job ;).
>> Thanks.  I guess git-rebase would be better since that will put my net
>> repo changes at the top.
>
> Normally we try to avoid rebasing the custodian repositories, at least
> their master branches which are being pulled from by many users.

Funny...
The wiki (http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/CustodianGitTrees) tells the
opposite...

<quote>
#  Keep the uboot branch in sync with the master u-boot repository by
pulling it.
$ git checkout uboot
$ git pull git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git
# Rebase the master, testing and any "work in progress" branches to
the uboot to move work in progress changes "after" the uboot branch
(which should always reflect the One Repo to Rule Them All).
$ git checkout master
$ git rebase uboot
$ git checkout testing
$ git rebase uboot