[U-Boot] tlbentry for U3 bit

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon Apr 19 13:15:46 CEST 2010

Hi Ronny,

On Monday 19 April 2010 12:42:29 Ronny D wrote:
> I am using ppc440 based board. I have
> added one tlbentry in init.S for memctrl register with U3 bit enable.
>
> When I check the tlb entry through
> BDI I found that U3 bit is disabled.
>
> I have done the same thing using
> change_tlb then I have seen U3 bit enabled through BDI.
>
> Please let me know
>
> Is there any limitation of initS
> for setting tlbenty with U3 bit enable?

Take a look at the "tlbentry" macro (arch/ppc/include/mmu.h). As you can see,
the TLB2 macro does not allow changing any of the Ux bits:

#define tlbentry(epn,sz,rpn,erpn,attr)\
	.long TLB0(epn,sz),TLB1(rpn,erpn),TLB2(attr)

#define TLB2(a)		((a) & 0x00000fbf)

So you need to change TLB2 if you need to set those Ux bits.

BTW: The PPC440 users manual mentions that the U3 storage attribute has no
effect on PPC440. So I'm wondering what you are trying to achieve by setting
this bit.

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de