[U-Boot] CFI interface and PPC440EP EBC chipselects

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Apr 20 11:21:38 CEST 2010

Hi Stevan,

On Monday 19 April 2010 22:32:56 Stevan Saban wrote:
> I am porting u-boot to a PPC 440EP custom board that is very similar to
> Yosemite.
>
> I have two chips (32 MB each) of NOR flash running through ECB at CS0
> and CS1 and using the CFI interface.
>

> I was wondering where u-boot maps the chip selects so that multiple
> flash chips can be used.
>
> I have one bank running (CS0 copied from Yosemite port) but would like
> access to both.

You need to configure the CS1 EBC settings in your config header correctly for
this:

#define CONFIG_SYS_EBC_PB1AP	your-values
#define CONFIG_SYS_EBC_PB1CR	...

And then add the 2nd FLASH chip to the FLASH list in the same config header.
Something like this:

#define CONFIG_SYS_FLASH_BANKS_LIST     { 0xfc000000, 0xfe000000 }

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de