[U-Boot] mpc8313 SPL, relocate_code, large page NAND

Peter Vollmer pvollmer-u-boot at innominate.com
Tue Apr 20 14:12:41 CEST 2010

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:57:09 +0200, Joakim Tjernlund
<joakim.tjernlund at transmode.se> wrote:
> Probably a BDI2000 issue. If memory serves right BDI2000 flushes the
> cache when it hits a BP.
>
> Try this addin this to your BDI .cfg file:
> TSZ4    0xe6000000   0xe60001100 ; init stack space for cache
> ; needs a 'sap 0' in BDI
>
> Then reboot BDI 2000, telnet to it and enter "sap 0" at the cmd prompt.
> Start debugging.

Ok, but my problem is that it works with the BP enabled, so I can step
through the whole relocate_code function, or simply continue, without a
problem. It however does not work without the BP, or with the BP set too
late, or if the board runs standalone without the emulator. So I guess I
need to fix something in u-boot, not in the emulator configuration ...

But the bit about the BDI flushing the cache when a breakpoint gets hit,
could that indicate that I have to flush the cache prior to entering the
relocate_code loop? In case of a cache problem, wouldn't I just have to
expect bogus data copied into RAM?
Instead, the core is frozen, with the PC at 0xfff00ab0 , and it refuses to
step any further afterwards. Would it maybe help to try to include the
exception traps in the spl bootloader ?

--
Peter Vollmer
Innominate Security Technologies AG