[U-Boot] XScale PXA320 and USB Ethernet?

Thad Phetteplace tdphette at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 16:37:50 CEST 2010

I'm reposting this question because I think the
formatting was screwed up on my last attempt.  I
apologize if I cluttered up the list with my previous
attempt.  Thanks in advance for any hints pointing
me in the right direction.

I'm working on a board based on the PXA320 Zylonite
reference board and attempting to get Ethernet via USB
support working in u-boot.  From what I can tell so far,
this is not yet well supported in the u-boot mainline.
I've been looking at the u-boot-usb branch but its been
slow going.  Can anyone point me at a particular driver
or board that would make a good starting point when
pulling this support into my own BSP?  What success
has there been in using USB attached Ethernet dongles
with u-boot?

I apologize if this is well documented somewhere.  I've
been searching the archives and digging through source
code, but I could use a nudge in the right direction to
speed things along.

Thanks,

Thad Phetteplace