[U-Boot] Facing problems in Porting U-boot to MIPS32 (Au1350)

Andrew Dyer amdyer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 21:57:43 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Gurumurthy G M
<Gurumurthy.Gowdar at gmobis.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>          Thank You very much for the reply.
>
> i have done a couple of porting for MPC82xx,MPC74xx i.e. only worked on Free Scale processors. this is my first port on MIPS. i feel its not so simple as MPC and ARM.
>
> In MIPS where i need to configure the Debug port initialization in board config file.
>
> my debug port is UART 2 i.e. console port. but no where it is defined. only i saw in au1x00.h file UART_DEBUG_BASE = UART2. but how it is configured to get console messages.
>
> please let me know about this if am wrong let me know.

Please post to the list.  I've cc'd it

look in cpu/mips/au1x00_serial.c - in there everything is hardcoded to
uart 0.  I've attached a version from our local CVS that allows
selecting the uart, but I don't have it cleanly done as a nice patch.
Feel free to bang it into shape and submit it, but I can't support
that code.