[U-Boot] U-boot command prompt issue....

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 29 10:23:10 CEST 2010

Dear Hari Babu,

In message <w2ge05b45b91004290050m4b0131a6jf9aedb63d506df74 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Hi,I want to debug (Seeing environment variables,board H/W details) the
> Cavium SSL card which is having u boot loader inside.While i am seeing the

Please contact Cavium technical support about questions with their
boot loader - they never contributed their code back to mainline, so
we don;t know what modifications they might have made that could cause
such behaviour.

> boot lines by configuring the minicom, at some time it is asking "Hit any
> key to stop autoboot". I had hitted the Enter key with in time but it's not
> entering to the u-boot command prompt.How Can I enter to the u-boot command
> prompt?

Also, consider using a different terminal emulation program, as
minicom is known to have several issues; see for example
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootInit and
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/SystemSetup#Section_4.4.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Digital computers are themselves more complex than most things people
build: They have very large numbers of states. This makes conceiving,
describing, and testing them hard. Software systems  have  orders-of-
magnitude more states than computers do.           - Fred Brooks, Jr.