[U-Boot] SystemAce not ready under XUPV2P and XUPV5

Oliver Rod Olov at gmx.de
Fri Apr 30 12:52:51 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have a problem with accessing the cf-card under u-boot. I use the XUPV2P with a ppc + microblaze and the XUPV5 with mb only.
None of my eval-bords work with cf. This is the error-message under the xupv2p with ppc:

t001-ppc405:/# fatinfo ace 0:0
**** ACE CompactFlash not found.
**** SystemACE not ready.
** Can't read from device 0 **

** Unable to use ace 0:0 for fatinfo **

After searching with google I found this:
http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~listarch/microblaze-uclinux/archive/2008/10/msg00144.html

It seems this is the same prob.

This are the defines of my xilinx-ppc405-generic.h:

/*SystemACE*/
#define CONFIG_SYSTEMACE
#define CONFIG_DOS_PARTITION
#define CONFIG_SYS_SYSTEMACE_BASE 0x83600000
#define CONFIG_SYS_SYSTEMACE_WIDTH 16
#define SYSTEMACE_CONFIG_FPGA
#define DEBUG_SYSTEMACE

Under microblaze i have the same problems.

Greets,
Oliver