[U-Boot] onenand_ipl config.mk cleanup (was: no subject)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 1 09:03:42 CET 2010

Dear Minkyu Kang,

In message <AANLkTik64Heh+ooov9K10pixh9h=GdxqRQYyS8Er-c-1 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > "onenand_ipl/board/apollon/config.mk" and
> > "onenand_ipl/board/vpac270/config.mk" define CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE;
> > do you think it is possible to move these definitions into the
> > respective board config files and remove the then empty "config.mk"
> > files?
> >

> It is hard to move into board config file, because of usually use
> different TEXT_BASE on IPL.

Well, we can probably use #ifdef's, like we do for boards that boot
from NAND flash, which have essentially the same situation.

> I think, it can be moved into Makefile directly.

No, that's not a good idea. Makefiles should not contain configuration
data. I want to move as much of this as possible into the board config
files, so we have it all in a single place.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A failure will not appear until a unit has passed final inspection.