[U-Boot] ulong type size?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Dec 2 08:34:34 CET 2010

Dear Jason Liu,

In message <AANLkTikdEd9zRXVem6RTgtgXTGCvL-j0B6SEz5scDsGp at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I have one problem when support more than 4GB NAND flash in u-boot. I
> found that there used ulong type in common/cmd_nand.c,
> but it turned out that ulong is 32bit in my build environment, the gcc
> version is as the following? Does anyone meet the same problem?

I expected that someone hits this barrier sooner or later.

Seems some code-rework is needed.

Patches welcome.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Misquotation is, in fact, the pride and privilege of the  learned.  A
widely-read  man  never  quotes  accurately,  for  the rather obvious
reason that he has read too widely.
                - Hesketh Pearson _Common Misquotations_ introduction