[U-Boot] arm: Activating dcache breaks 'usb start' and 'tftpboot' on jadecpu

Matthias Weißer weisserm at arcor.de
Fri Dec 3 15:27:10 CET 2010

Hi

I just activated the dcache on our jadecpu board but it seems to me that
this breaks some commands.

jade> dcache
Data (writethrough) Cache is OFF
jade> usb start
(Re)start USB...
USB:   scanning bus for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found
        scanning bus for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found
jade> dcache on
Data (writethrough) Cache is ON
jade> usb start
(Re)start USB...
USB:   scanning bus for devices... ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT
2 USB Device(s) found
        scanning bus for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found
jade> dcache off
Data (writethrough) Cache is OFF
jade> usb start
(Re)start USB...
USB:   scanning bus for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found
        scanning bus for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found
jade>

Same goes for tftpboot on this machine and also on a imx25 based system
which is currently not in mainline. As there is a timeout involved I had
the timer implementation under suspicion where some static variables may
be used before relocation but moving them to gd_t didn't help.

Has anyone an explanation for this behavior? Is anyone out there having
dcache running on an ARM926 and working usb/tftpboot?

Many thanks,
Matthias