[U-Boot] Please pull u-boot-atmel/for2010.12

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Dec 7 15:36:13 CET 2010

Dear Reinhard Meyer,

In message <4CFE3553.7080601 at emk-elektronik.de> you wrote:

> did you find out what happened here? I can clearly see in my local tree and also in the webinterface
> of the u-boot-atmel.git at your server that there are exactly 8 commits between
> 49733aa0b9d29803384ad4bce74985f4bbe7e9aa and top of for2010.12. None of them affects the extra files
> you seem to see locally.

Well, the point is that your referenc ist not the ARM tree, but you
pulled inbetween and thus have stuff in your tree that is not present
in u-boot-arm # master yet - so when I pull from your repo, I will get
all this stuff as well.

> For Andreas' patches, it seems that Signed-off-by: lines with non-ASCII characters in the name do cause
> trouble and git-am choses to use the e-mail address instead.

I don't think that this is a problem with git-am.

When I use git-am to apply one of Andreas' patches, I will get a
warning but only for the body of the commit message (for the SoB line,
to be precise):

Applying: at91rm9200ek: add configure target for RAM boot
Warning: commit message does not conform to UTF-8.
You may want to amend it after fixing the message, or set the config
variable i18n.commitencoding to the encoding your project uses.

But except from that it works fine, and it shows

Author: Andreas Bießmann <andreas.devel at googlemail.com>  2010-11-30 20:45:03
Committer: Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de>  2010-12-07 15:28:06

I get identical results when downloading the mbox file from patchwork
or when using the file in my local mailing list archive.

Thi sis not a git-am issue, but something on your end.

> I'll hand edit the "ß" to "ss" and it is ok.

I see no reason for doing this.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A well-written program is its own heaven; a poorly-written program is
its own hell.             -- Geoffrey James, "The Tao of Programming"