[U-Boot] can't build u-boot-2010.12-rc2 for at91rm9200ek

Andreas Bießmann andreas.devel at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 9 08:31:51 CET 2010

Dear zzs213,

Am 09.12.2010 um 08:07 schrieb zzs213:

> I chang 'adr r1, r9' to 'add r1, r1, r9' and then rebuild it
> but I got another error. the error message is:
>
> arm-linux-ld: -static and -shared may not be used together
> make[1]: *** [/home/zzs/DownLoad/uboot/xx/build/u-boot] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/zzs/DownLoad/uboot/xx/u-boot-2010.12-rc2'
> make: *** [at91rm9200ek] Error 2

I can not remember any part defining -shared for the linker. Maybe it is implied by the linker when using -pie switch for the linker. That is what we do for current relocation implemented by Albert.

> Is this caused by the toolchain too?

I guess it is your toolchain. Can you try e.g. a current codesourcery build?

regards

Andreas Bießmann

BTW: One thing to mention. The at91rm9200ek board is _not_ fully functional a.t.m! I do only boot via JTAG currently, the same may be possible via preloader, e.g. one at91loader or a selfmade one. Booting from NOR Flash is ongoing but not working a.t.m., booting from dataflash may come in the future (fully supported by u-boot, via SPL; using preloader and copy to ram should work currently).