[U-Boot] Full Arm emulator to run under x86

Toan Pham tpham3783 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 13:24:15 CET 2010

Hi

I am new to uboot and I would like to learn it under an emulator
instead of a remote target.  For instance, I'd like to experiment it
with the Android operating system.  So far, I have tried qemu (utility
qemu-system-arm) to boot the kernel or an arm+uboot bootable sd flash
image on x86 architecture and the result was unsuccessful.  My purpose
is not to run for example Android on an x86 architecture, because i
know that there's Android for i386.  However, more of a full Arm
system emulator that should be able to boot U-boot bootloader and then
the Linux kernel, and also a bootable block device or image.

thank you,

-toan